Definition of Roumania
1. Noun. A republic in southeastern Europe with a short coastline on the Black Sea.
Generic synonyms: European Country, European Nation
Terms within: Brasov, Bucharest, Bucharesti, Bucuresti, Capital Of Romania, Constantina, Carpathian Mountains, Carpathians, Danau, Danube, Danube River, Transylvanian Alps
Group relationships: Europe
Member holonyms: Romanian, Rumanian
Derivative terms: Romanian, Roumanian, Rumanian
Definition of Roumania
1. Proper noun. (archaic) (alternative spelling of Romania) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Lexicographical Neighbors of Roumania
Literary usage of Roumania
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Library Journal by American Library Association, Library Association (1922)
"The ALA Sends Books to roumania HE Executive Board of the American Library Association recently sent to the Queen of roumania a gift of three hundred books ..."
2. The Literary Digest History of the World War: Compiled from Original and (1919)
"Ill conclusion, it set forth that roumania felt impelled to come to the rescue ... Service in roumania was universal and compulsory, and the first-line army ..."
3. Jewish Immigration to the United States, from 1881 to 1910 by Samuel Joseph (1914)
"The Jewish immigration from roumania is thus a product chiefly of the last decade. ... The vast majority of the immigrants from roumania are Jews, ..."
4. The Jews in the Eastern War Zone by American Jewish Committee (1916)
"roumania The future of roumania is of interest to the Jews for two especial reasons: first, because the Jews of roumania are deprived of their rights as ..."
5. The Cambridge Modern History by John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton Acton, Adolphus William Ward, George Walter Prothero, Ernest Alfred Benians (1909)
"This Constitution declared the country to be a single and indivisible State, under the name of roumania. It provided for a Senate and a Chamber of deputies, ..."
6. American Jewish Year Book by American Jewish Committee, Jewish Publication Society of America (1914)
"JUNE 20. George Thomas Marye, Jr., San Francisco, Calif., nominated by President as ambassador to Russia. roumania AND THE JEWS DISCUSSION IN ..."
7. The Quarterly Review by William Gifford, John Taylor Coleridge, John Gibson Lockhart, Whitwell Elwin, William Macpherson, William Smith, John Murray, Rowland Edmund Prothero Ernle, George Walter Prothero (1915)
"THE ATTITUDE OF roumania. roumania is neutral. She declared her neutrality during the life-time of King Charles at a 'Crown-Council'—a political court ..."