Definition of Royal palm
1. Noun. Tall feather palm of southern Florida and Cuba.
Generic synonyms: Palm, Palm Tree
Group relationships: Genus Roystonea, Roystonea
Royal Palm Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Royal Palm Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Royal Palm
Literary usage of Royal palm
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. All about Hawaii (1896)
"The following description of the royal palm, of which so many are lending their beauty ... "The landscape is unique because of the royal palm. ..."
2. History of Cuba: Or, Notes of a Traveller in the Tropics ; Being a Political by Maturin Murray Ballou (1854)
"Consumption of tobacco — The universal cigar — Lady smokers — The fruits of Cuba — Flour a prohibited article — The royal palm — West Indian trees — Snakes, ..."
3. The New-born Cuba by Franklin Matthews (1899)
"royal palm-TREES AND BLOCK-HOt'SE NEAR MATANZAS As one went through the island and caught glimpses of block-houses surrounding every settlement, ..."
4. The Plant World by Plant World Association, Wild Flower Preservation Society (U.S.) (1902)
"A VISIT TO THE royal palm HAMMOCK OP FLORIDA. BY CHARLES T. SIMPSON. IN the month of April, 1885, in company with Mrs. Simpson and Mr. Pliny Reasoner, ..."
5. The Plant World by Plant World Association, Wild Flower Preservation Society (U.S.), Wild Flower Preservation Society of America (1902)
"... in the broadest sense, and by the available maintenance funds. A VISIT TO THE royal palm HAMMOCK OF FLORIDA. BY CHARLES T. SIMPSON. ..."
6. Equatorial America: Descriptive of a Visit to St. Thomas, Martinique by Maturin Murray Ballou (1892)
"The royal palm. —Splendor of Equatorial Nights. PARA is the most northerly city of Brazil. It also bears the name of Belem on some maps, and is the capital ..."