Definition of Ru 486
1. Noun. An abortion-inducing drug (trade name RU_486) developed in France; when taken during the first five weeks of pregnancy it blocks the action of progesterone so that the uterus sloughs off the embryo.
Generic synonyms: Aborticide, Abortifacient, Abortion-inducing Drug
Language type: Trademark
Ru 486 Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ru 486 Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ru 486
Literary usage of Ru 486
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Biblical Counsel: Resources for Renewal : an Annotated Topical Bibliography by Steven C. Kettler (1993)
"20622 "Will Christians be asleep as the abortion pill RU-486 threatens human life as they were when Roe vs. Wade first appeared? ..."
2. A State-By-State Review of Abortion and Reproductive Rights by Elizabeth Arndorfer, Jodi Michael, Laura Moskowitz, Liza Siebel, Juli A. Grant (1998)
"... of California memorializes the Congress and the President of the US to ... support the use of ru 486 for all appropriate research and, if indicated, ..."
3. Guide to Clinical Preventive Services: Report of the U. S. Preventive by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"Mifepristone (ru 486) compared with high-dose estrogen and progestogen for emergency postcoital contraception. N Engl J Med 1992:327:1041-1044. 49. ..."
4. Global Economics and the Environment: Toward Sustainable Rural Development by Roger D. Stone, Eve Hamilton (1991)
"... Organization provided financial support to Roussel Uclaf. a French drug company, to undertake clinical trials of RU-486. the so-called abortion pill. ..."
5. Food Safety and Quality: Trade Considerations by Oecd, SourceOECD (Online service) (1999)
"The case of ru 486. the "morning after" contraceptive pill, is an extreme example of a product which may not be imported into certain OECD countries, ..."