Definition of Rulings
1. Noun. (plural of ruling) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Rulings
1. ruling [n] - See also: ruling
Lexicographical Neighbors of Rulings
|rules of the road|
rules of thumb
rulings (current term)
Literary usage of Rulings
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1912)
"Exceptions, however, may be taken to the rulings of the court made in the progress of the trial, and if duly taken at the time the rulings were made, ..."
2. Bulletin by United States (1918)
"rulings OF THE FF.DERAL BOARD ON PART-TIME INSTRUCTION. For the purpose of encouraging the rapid development of part- tune education and increasing the ..."
3. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1922)
"The rulings made by the auditor In excluding as hearsay certain sayings of Squire ... In view of the rulings above announced, the court did not err In ..."
4. A Treatise on Appellate Procedure and Trial Practice Incident to Appeals by Byron Kosciusko Elliott, William Frederick Elliott (1892)
"1" demurrer is harmless, 638. when rulings on motions to strike out or reject pleadings are harmless. <'.?>• pleadings defective merely in form will be ..."
5. The Encyclopædia of Evidence by Edgar Whittlesey Camp, John Finley Crowe (1907)
"Objections and exceptions to the rulings of the referee or master on questions of evidence, in order to be available, must be taken in the progress of the ..."
6. Federal Procedure at Law: A Treatise on the Procedure in Suits at Common Law by Chrisenberry Lee Bates (1908)
"rulings upon the trial must be excepted to at the time they are made.—By the uniform course of the decisions of the supreme court, from the organization of ..."
7. Materials of Corporation Finance by Charles William Gerstenberg (1915)
"rulings OF THE STATE COMPTROLLER GOVERNING THE COLLECTION OF TAXES ON TRANSFERS OF STOCK. For the information of the public the Comptroller issu-es the ..."