Definition of Rumansh
1. Noun. The Rhaeto-Romance language spoken in southeastern Switzerland; it is an official language of Switzerland.
2. Adjective. Of or relating to the Romansh language.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Rumansh Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Rumansh
Literary usage of Rumansh
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Overland Monthly by Bret Harte (1885)
"... and rumansh, but it is best to call it simply Ladin. On the east it is spoken by about 450000 people in Italy, on the banks of the Tagliamento, ..."
2. The Science of Language: Linguistics, Philology, Etymology by Abel Hovelacque (1877)
"... and rumansh. But it seems best to call it simply Dulin, with Ascoli, who has recently devoted an important work te its elucidation. ..."
3. An Italian and English Dictionary with Pronunciation and Brief Etymologies by August Hjalmar Edgren, Giuseppe Bico, John Lawrence Gerig (1901)
"rumansh (language). -Hosco, ADJ. : Roman (esp. réf. to the mod. Roman dialect); M.: (mod.) Roman; (mod. ..."