Definition of Sailor boy
1. Noun. A serviceman in the navy.
Specialized synonyms: Coastguardsman, Navy Seal, Seal, Striker, Submariner
Generic synonyms: Man, Military Man, Military Personnel, Serviceman
Derivative terms: Sail
Sailor Boy Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sailor Boy Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sailor Boy
Literary usage of Sailor boy
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Household Book of Poetry by Charles Anderson Dana (1882)
"Days, months, years, and ages shall circle away, And still the vast waters above thee shall roll; Earth loses thy pattern forever and aye — 0 sailor boy 1 ..."
2. The English Poets: Selections with Critical Introductions by Thomas Humphry Ward (1918)
"THE sailor boy He rose at dawn and, fired with hope, Shot o'er the seething harbour-bar, And reach'd the ship and caught the rope, And whistled to the ..."
3. The Rev. J.W. Loguen, as a Slave and as a Freeman: A Narrative of Real Life by Jermain Wesley Loguen, Elymas Payson Rogers (1859)
"... and in an exstacy of delight they were prepared to adopt the delirious dream of the sailor. boy— " 0 God, thou hast blest me. I ask for no more ! ..."
4. Miscellaneous Poems by Rowson (1804)
"THE LITTLE sailor boy. 1 HE sea was calm, the sky serene, And gently blew the western gale ; When ANNA, seated on a cliff, ..."