Definition of Sasines
1. sasine [n] - See also: sasine
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sasines
sasines (current term)
Literary usage of Sasines
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Analysis of Heritable Securities Acts 1845 and 1847: Infeftment Act, Service by William Alexander (1848)
"Assignation of a Bond and Disposition in Security, recorded in the Register of sasines in terms of the Act 10° and 11° Viet., chap. 50. ..."
2. Styles of Deeds and Instruments: In Accordance with the Titles to Land by John Hendry, John Thompson Mowbray (1878)
"... or Writing which has entered the appropriate Register of sasines. ... dated the day of , and recorded in the (specify register of sasines) on the daj of ..."
3. The Scottish Jurist: Containing Reports of Cases Decided in the House of the by Great Britain Parliament. House of Lords (1842)
"Where charters, or other conveyances, embodying the mixed burgal and feudal tenure, are granted, the sasines can only be legally and validly taken by the ..."
4. Lectures on Conveyancing by Alexander Montgomerie Bell (1876)
"... had power to dispense (and in practice usually did dispense) with the necessity of separate sasines for each, and to declare that one sasine, ..."
5. Commentaries on the Recent Statutes Relative to Conveyancing, Namely, the by Alexander Duff (1848)
"DEEDS OF CONVEYANCE AND sasines. TITLES I.-IV. 1. Disposition of Sale. I, A., heritable proprietor of the lands and others hereby dis- poned, ..."
6. The Statutes of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland [1807-1868/69] by Great Britain, George Kettilby Rickards (1868)
"tion in the said Register of sasines, shall, in the Warrant of Registration prescribed by this Act, have an Addition, specifying that the Writ is to be ..."
7. The Journal of Jurisprudence by Law Library Microform Consortium (1864)
"The certificate of registration on every writ that shall be registered in the General Register of sasines, and re-delivered to the ..."
8. Charters and Other Writs Illustrating the History of the Royal Burgh of by Aberdeen (Scotland) (1890)
"B.—PARTICULAR REGISTERS OF sasines. FOR THE SHIRE OF ABERDEEN. ... sasines on town properties held feu, not burgage, are recorded in this Register. ..."