Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Satara Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Satara
Literary usage of Satara
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Collection of Treaties, Engagements, and Sanads Relating to India and by India Foreign and Political Dept (1892)
"From Bombay Government Records, No. XLI of New Series, and Reports by the Bombay Government. By the 7th article of the satara treaty of 1819* the ..."
2. The Journal of the Manchester Geographical Society by Manchester Geographical Society (1906)
"satara seems to be the spot marked out for the location of the Research University. There has been a good deal of correspondence going on in the local press ..."
3. History of the Mahrattas by James Grant Duff (1878)
"Mr. Elphinstone is appointed commissioner, and two divisions of the army of the Deccan placed at his disposal.—Capture of satara. ..."
4. The History of British India by James Mill, Horace Hayman Wilson (1848)
"... Raja of satara rescued.—Baji Rao's followers leave him. ... Raja of satara formally installed.—General Munro marches against Sholapur. ..."
5. The History of British India by James Mill, Horace Hayman Wilson (1848)
"The Raja of satara rescued.—Baji Rao's followers leave him. ... Raja of satara formally installed.—General Munro marches against Sholapur. ..."
6. Mission Schools in India of the American Board of Commissioners for Foreign by Royal Gould Wilder (1861)
"The city of satara contains a population of 32000. ... In 1851, we find in the Herald, " The new station at satara promises to be one of much importance. ..."
7. History of the Mahrattas by James Grant Duff (1878)
"Cessions madf to the French for the support of their subsidiary force. — Affairs at satara. — Expedition into the Carnatic and Guzerat. ..."