Definition of Saudi
1. Noun. A native or inhabitant of Saudi Arabia.
Group relationships: Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia
Generic synonyms: Arab, Arabian
2. Adjective. Of or relating to Saudi Arabia or its people. "The Saudi royal family"
Definition of Saudi
1. Noun. A person from Saudi Arabia or of Saudi Arabian descent. ¹
2. Adjective. From, or pertaining to Saudi Arabia, the Saudi Arabian people or language. ¹
3. Proper noun. (rare) Shortened form of Saudi Arabia. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Lexicographical Neighbors of Saudi
Literary usage of Saudi
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Clouded Lens: Persian Gulf Security and U.S. Policy by James H. Noyes (1982)
"21 Once having completed this unifying task, however, saudi Arabia did not launch an effort to develop European-type forces until well after World War II. ..."
2. Human Rights in the Middle East by DIANE Publishing Company (1992)
"Even under the Basic Law, the saudi government thus retains near complete ... The saudi legal system is notorious for its due process deficiencies. ..."
3. Moving the Force: Desert Storm and Beyond by Scott W. Conrad (1994)
"Schwarzkopf conducted a wargaming exercise, Internal Look 90, It provided a clear vision of how the United States might defend saudi Arabia and greatly ..."
4. Human Rights Watch World Report 2005: The Events of 2004 by Human Rights Watch, Human Rights Watch (Organization (2005)
"Many basic rights are not protected under saudi law, political parties are not allowed, and freedom of expression remains extremely limited. ..."
5. The Middle East and North Africa: The Challenge to Western Security by Peter Duignan, Lewis H. Gann (1981)
"saudi Arabia is deficient in the technological skills needed to operate modern weapons systems ... Can saudi Arabia avoid a revolution like the one in Iran? ..."
6. The Internet in the Mideast and North Africa: Free Expression and Censorship by Eric Goldstein, Human Rights Watch, Hanny Megally, Dinah PoKempner, Michael McClintock, Human Rights Watch (Organization) (1999)
"saudi Arabia has had an Internet connection since 1994, but restricted its ... saudi citizens and residents 96 E-mail communications to Human Rights Watch ..."