Definition of School district
1. Noun. A district whose public schools are administered together.
School District Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: School District Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of School District
Literary usage of School district
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1922)
"Therefore, be it further resolved, that a high school district, to be known as the Lexington high school district, comprising the districts above set forth, ..."
2. District School Journal, of the State of New-York (1849)
"If one person owned all the lands of a school district, and it was all ... Whenever a majority of all the taxable inhabitants of any school district, ..."
3. The American Political Science Review (1920)
"14 The names by which school districts are designated in the 1919 legislation are as follows :—community high school district, community consolidated school ..."
4. Field Hearing on "Education at a Crossroads, What Works? What's Wasted edited by Peter Hoekstra (2000)
"Anyway, the school district in Des Moines, Iowa is facing the same opportunities as ... The state of Iowa requires that each school district file a district ..."