¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Scorified
1. scorify [v] - See also: scorify
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Scorified Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Scorified
Literary usage of Scorified
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Personal Narrative of Travels to the Equinoctial Regions of the New by Alexander von Humboldt, Helen Maria Williams (1814)
"the cold of the surrounding atmosphere, lay down limits which they cannot pass; it is the scorified lava of the ..."
2. Chamber's Encyclopaedia: A Dictionary of Universal Knowledge (1888)
"... oxidised and scorified, and nearly juire antimony or «tar metal is obtained. There is also a chloride of antimony, SbCl;¡, prepared by heating sulphide ..."
3. Modern Copper Smelting by Edward Dyer Peters (1895)
"BaO scorified. ... BaS enters matte. volat FeS matted. PYRITIC SYSTEM. ... BaO scorified. BaSO. fused, eliminated with basic slag. SO,, SO, volat. ..."
4. Modern Copper Smelting by Edward Dyer Peters (1903)
"Ba() scorified. ... BaS enters matte. Iron Pyrites (Pyrite) S volat (Pyrrhotite) ... BaO scorified. BaSO4 fused, eliminated with basic slag. SOS, SO, volat. ..."
5. A Treatise on the Assaying of Lead, Copper, Silver, Gold, and Mercury: From by Theodor Bodemann (1872)
"Lead speiss and cobalt speiss : one-half centner is scorified with ten to twenty parts of lead, and each two of the buttons thus obtained again ..."
6. Notes on Assaying and Metallurgical Laboratory Experiments by Richard Walley Lodge (1911)
"Lead button 13 grammes 12 8 grammes Lead added 57 " 70 grammes Total lead 70 " 90 scorified as before with borax glass and SiO, ..."
7. Notes on Assaying and Metallurgical Laboratory Experiments by Richard Walley Lodge (1906)
"T. i gramme 1OO grammes i gramme scorified and poured slag off once. Placed again in muffle, scorified and poured. Lead button.. 6 6 grammes Lead added 68 ..."