Definition of Screen background
1. Noun. (computer science) the area of the screen in graphical user interfaces against which icons and windows appear.
Generic synonyms: Crt Screen, Screen
Category relationships: Computer Science, Computing
Screen Background Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Screen Background Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Screen Background
Literary usage of Screen background
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Well-Being of Video Display Terminal Users: An Exploratory Study by Mark S Gottlieb, Steven L Sauter, Vernon M Dodson, Kathryn M Rohrer (1999)
"Along this line, the present data show a low positive (r » .13) but nonsignificant correlation between visuo-ocular strain scores and screen background ..."
2. Cyclopedia of Painters and Paintings edited by John Denison Champlin, Charles Callahan Perkins (1887)
"... at right, two cherubs in adoration ; above, three cherubs, one of them hanging a curtain between trees, as a screen ; background, mountains. ..."
3. Wilson's Photographic Magazine (1911)
"Plenty of naturalists carry a screen background with them when photographing high- growing flowers, and place it behind the flowers to make them stand out ..."
4. The American Amateur Photographer (1897)
"Our Pets," two children and a cat asleep in an arm chair, and a Japanese screen background, has only one fault, and that a little one. ..."
5. Library of Amateur Photography (1911)
"18, which gives the location of the subject, camera, reflecting screen, background, etc. 318. Exposure.—The exposure for Rembrandt Lighting requires ..."