2. Verb. (third-person singular of screw) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Screws
1. screw [v] - See also: screw
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Screws Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Screws
Literary usage of Screws
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1920)
"It will be observed that on Figure 8 the locations of the balance rim screws are numbered from 1 to on each half of the balance. ..."
2. Report of the Annual Meeting (1895)
"Memorandum on t/ie British Association Screw Gauge for small screws. By RE CROMPTON, M.Inst.CE, Pres.Inst.EE As n result of the two reports presented by the ..."
3. The Great industries of the United States: being an historical summary of by Horace Greeley (1873)
"It is, however, most probable that the practical use of screws was known before his time, ... The general division of screws is into male and female screws; ..."
4. The Elementary Part of A Treatise on the Dynamics of a System of Rigid by Edward John Routh (1905)
"Then the body must admit of a screw motion compounded of any indefinitely small rotations udt, w'dt about the axes of these screws accompanied of course by ..."