Definition of Sea feather
1. Noun. Corals forming featherlike colonies.
Medical Definition of Sea feather
Sea Feather Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sea Feather Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sea Feather
Literary usage of Sea feather
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. St. Nicholas by Mary Mapes Dodge (1879)
"There was a lot of curious things on the piece of rock which had come up with the sea-feather. There were small shells, of different shapes and colors, ..."
2. Nature and Art by Day & Son (1867)
"The sea-feather, or plume coral, is found sprouting, like some ocean fern-leaf, from the rock-cave's edges, far down in the clear, tranquil water, ..."
3. Through and Through the Tropics: Thirty Thousand Miles of Travel in Oceanica by Frank Vincent (1876)
"The sea-feather is ... through the sea-feather, and shine like infinitesimal stars in a miniature ..."
4. The Book of Buried Treasure: Being a True History of the Gold, Jewels, and by Ralph Delahaye Paine (1911)
"This crew was returning to report to Captain Phips when one of the men, staring over the side into the wonderfully clear water, spied a "sea feather" or ..."