Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sebundy Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sebundy
Literary usage of Sebundy
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Political Missions to Bootan by Ashley Eden, Robert Boileau Pemberton, William Griffith, Kishen Kant Bose, D. Scott (1865)
"Natives of that part of the country being formed into the Assam sebundy Corps. 9. ... advanced to the Frontier with sixteen men of the Assam sebundy Corps, ..."
2. Hobson-Jobson: A Glossary of Colloquial Anglo-Indian Words and Phrases, and by Henry Yule, Arthur Coke Burnell, William Crooke (1903)
"The last official appearance of the tille that we can find is in application to "The sebundy Corps of Sappers and Miners" employed at ..."
3. A History of Assam by Edward Albert Gait (1906)
"vI the Assam Light Infantry with head-quarters at A»s»m Sibsagar, and the two sebundy corps, which were stationed at menu Gauhati and Rangpur respectively. ..."
4. Hobson-Jobson: A Glossary of Colloquial Anglo-Indian Words and Phrases, and by Henry Yule, Arthur Coke Burnell, William Crooke (1903)
"The Board were pleased to direct that in order to supply the place of the sebundy corps, four regiments of Sepoys lio employed in securing the collection of ..."
5. History of the Corps of Royal Engineers. by Whitworth Porter (1889)
"After a time, when labour became plentiful, the sebundy Sappers were disbanded." Napier was promoted Captain in 1841, and in the following year appointed ..."