Definition of Secondary syphilis
1. Noun. The second stage; characterized by eruptions of the skin and mucous membrane.
Medical Definition of Secondary syphilis
1. The second stage of syphilis See: syphilis. Synonym: mesosyphilis. (05 Mar 2000)
Secondary Syphilis Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Secondary Syphilis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Secondary Syphilis
Literary usage of Secondary syphilis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Practitioner by Gale Group, ProQuest Information and Learning Company (1906)
"ON CERTAIN BODIES PRESENT IN THE CHANCRE, IN THE CONDYLOMA, AND IN THE BLOOD DURING secondary syphilis. ..."
2. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1859)
"Unfortunately for M. Ricord, he supposed that because secondary syphilis was not ... We know of no instance where secondary syphilis is inoculated, ..."
3. The Modern treatment of syphilitic diseases: Both Primary and Secondary by Langston Parker (1860)
"secondary syphilis occurs where mercury has never been used, and when administered for other diseases, even when pushed to salivation, never gives rise to ..."
4. The Throat and Nose, and Their Diseases by Lennox Browne (1890)
"SYPHILITIC ULCERATION OF THE PHARYNX: secondary syphilis (Figs. ... SECONDARY SYPHILIS IN THE FAUCES. The secondary manifestation of syphilis in the pharynx ..."