Definition of Segregator
1. Noun. Someone who believes the races should be kept apart.
Generic synonyms: Bigot
Derivative terms: Segregation, Segregation, Segregationism, Segregate
Medical Definition of Segregator
One who, or that which, separates. Specifically: A device for depriving steam of particles of water mixed with it.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Segregator Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Segregator
Literary usage of Segregator
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Prevention of Dental Caries and Oral Sepsis by Henry Percy Pickerill (1919)
"A, UPPER SURFACE OF segregator; B, UNDER SURFACE— DIAGRAMMATIC; C, DIAGRAMMATIC SECTION OF segregator IN POSITION. according to the particular constituent ..."
2. A Textbook of Gynecology by Charles Alfred Lee Reed (1901)
"The Harris Urine segregator (Fig. 304).— By this instrument the urines are collected separately from each kidney without the ureters being entered (Fig. ..."
3. A Text-book on the Practice of Gynecology: For Practitioners and Students by William Easterly Ashton (1907)
"The only instrument required is Harris's urine segregator, which forms a watershed by raising the base of the bladder between the orifices of the ureters. ..."
4. Transactions by Australasian Medical Congress (1907)
"If the urine is not clear the segregator, unassisted, gives no definite ... Suppose the segregator acts so as to completely shut off one side of the bladder ..."