¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Selfed
1. self [v] - See also: self
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Selfed Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Selfed
Literary usage of Selfed
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Botanical Gazette by University of Chicago, JSTOR (Organization) (1918)
"Two ears of maize with uncolored endosperm pollinated with mixture of "yellow" and "white" pollen, showing distribution of selfed and crossed seeds. seeds, ..."
2. Inbreeding and Outbreeding: Their Genetic and Sociological Significance by Edward Murray East, Donald Forsha Jones (1919)
"Such a view he deemed supported by the fact that crosses of selfed lines with the intercrossed lines (also inbred, but to a less degree) did not give as ..."
3. Advances in Hybrid Rice Technology: Proceedings of the 3rd International by Sant S. Virmani, E. A. Siddiq, K. Muralidharan (1998)
"selfed seed set rate in TGMS lines in natural and artificial conditions ... selfed seed set (%) crops per year can be harvested and used for Fj seed ..."
4. Problems of Fertilization by Frank Rattray Lillie (1919)
"An excess of sperm was used in all the fertilizations; the difference in percentage of eggs fertilized when selfed and crossed should be noted. ..."