Definition of Sembles
1. semble [v] - See also: semble
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sembles
Literary usage of Sembles
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Popular History of England by Charles Knight (1880)
"Intrigues with Montrose,—Parliament re-x— sembles—The Irish Insurrection.—The king's progress to London.—Debate on the Remonstrance. ..."
2. Missionary Travels and Researches in South Africa: Including a Sketch of by David Livingstone (1858)
"The Roar of the Lion re- sembles the Cry of the Ostrich. — Seldom attacks full-grown Animals. ... sembles ..."
3. The Antiquary by Edward Walford, John Charles Cox, George Latimer Apperson (1897)
"sembles that of very many other souterrains in Scotland. The reason of this curve may have been to prevent the cold wind blowing the entrance. ..."
4. The Cyclopædia of India and of Eastern and Southern Asia: Commercial by Edward Balfour (1885)
"It nearly re- and he got rid of enormous debts that had been sembles the B. mysticetus, Lin». It is of value only inferior to that of the sperm whale. ..."