Definition of Serial publication
1. Noun. A periodical that appears at scheduled times.
Terms within: Installment, Instalment
Generic synonyms: Periodical
Specialized synonyms: Semiweekly, Weekly, Semimonthly, Monthly, Quarterly, Bimonthly, Biweekly
Member holonyms: Issue, Number
Derivative terms: Serial, Serial
Serial Publication Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Serial Publication Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Serial Publication
Literary usage of Serial publication
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Tuscan Cities by William Dean Howells (1891)
"... which has just completed serial publication in England and America. THB MISCHIEF OF MONICA.. Smith," "The Baby's Grandmother," By L. B ..."
2. The New American Cyclopaedia: A Popular Dictionary of General Knowledge by George Ripley, Charles Anderson Dana (1861)
"Some of his latest works have ap- [x-ared in a serial publication, the Albany "Tracts for the Times," and are in vindication of his peculiar religions ..."
3. Literary News by L. Pylodet, Augusta Harriet (Garrigue) Leypoldt (1892)
"The two artists made their pictures, and Mr. Millet also wrote the entertaining and well-informed text, which has been enjoyed in its serial publication by ..."
4. The Bookman (1902)
"The author has no thought of the serial publication in his mind. ... So far the serial publication of Dr. Conan Doyle's new story has been most admirably ..."
5. Handbook of Learned Societies and Institutions: America by James David Thompson (1908)
"serial publicationS,—Exact title of each serial publication issued by the society or with entrance fee and annual dues paid by each. institution since its ..."