Definition of Severalise
1. Verb. Distinguish or separate.
Generic synonyms: Differentiate, Distinguish, Secern, Secernate, Separate, Severalize, Tell, Tell Apart
2. Verb. Mark as different. "We distinguish several kinds of maple"
Specialized synonyms: Know, Discriminate, Know Apart, Label, Label, Sex, Individualise, Individualize, Contrast, Severalize, Contradistinguish, Decouple, Dissociate, Demarcate, Discriminate, Separate, Single Out, Stratify
Generic synonyms: Identify, Place
Derivative terms: Difference, Difference, Differentiation, Differentiator, Distinction
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Severalise Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Severalise
Literary usage of Severalise
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Transactions of the Honourable Society of Cymmrodorion by Cymmrodorion Society, CYMMRODORION SOCIETY. (1902)
"... the patriarchal community, before we can attempt to severalise it. The growth of a several ownership has its ..."
2. Evangelical Magazine and Missionary Chronicle (1881)
"... us much more than the remarkable manner in which Old Testament history is so presented as to severalise the purposes and ends of human suffering. 1. ..."
3. The Collected Works of Dr. P. M. Latham by Peter Mere Latham, Robert Martin, Thomas Watson (1878)
"... being equally the accompaniment of numerous diseases different in kind, cannot take its origin from any of those proper elements which severalise them. ..."
4. Concilio III Provincial mexicano: Celebrado en Mexico en el año de 1585 by Mariano Galván Rivera, Basilio Manuel Arrillaga y Barcarcel (1859)
"... obligados á restituir lo que hayan lleva- • , f , í ' . ,u, fuera de esto serán castigados severalise ..."