Lexicographical Neighbors of Shafter
Literary usage of Shafter
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Spanish-American War by Russell Alexander Alger (1901)
"CHAPTER VII shafter DETERMINES TO "MARCH ON SANTIAGO " FAIR weather and a smooth sea made the voyage o the southern coast of Cuba a pleasant relief from he ..."
2. Report of the Commission Appointed by the President to Investigate the by Grenville Mellen Dodge (1899)
"May 31, 1898, instructions were sent to General shafter, by telegraph, as follows: With the approval of the Secretary of War, yon are directed to take your ..."
3. Bench and Bar in California: History, Anecdotes, Reminiscences by Oscar Tully Shuck (1889)
"Oscar Lovell shafter was born on the i9th of October, 1812, at Athens, in Vermont, ... His grandfather, James shafter, was a revolutionary hero, ..."
4. Full Official History of the War with Spain: Written Over the Wires in the by Murat Halstead (1898)
"Cipher Dispatches—Too Much Publicity— shafter Demands the Help of the Navy, and is Supported by the War Department—He Heard Firing at Midnight and Hoped it ..."
5. From Appomattox to Germany: Pictures of the Great Events in a Wonderful Half by Percy Keese Fitzhugh (1919)
"Here, in the very shadow of the city, General shafter established his ... As General shafter distributed his forces about the town the enemy fell back on ..."
6. Appletons' Annual Cyclopædia and Register of Important Events of the Year (1899)
"shafter cabled to the Secretary of War that he was seriously considering a ... shafter. Gen. Miles, who had another expedition already organized at Tampa ..."
7. History of California by Theodore Henry Hittell (1898)
"On May 15, the houses adjourned; and both shafter in the senate and Barstow in ... shafter in addition referred to the legislation of the session as highly ..."
8. The Library of Historic Characters and Famous Events of All Nations and All Ages by Ainsworth Rand Spofford (1900)
"On the reorganization of the army in 1869 shafter was transferred to the Twenty-fourth Infantry, and was engaged in Indian campaigns in Texas. ..."