2. Interjection. peace. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Shalom
1. a word used as a Jewish greeting or farewell [n -S]
Lexicographical Neighbors of Shalom
Literary usage of Shalom
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Catalogue of the Hebrew Books in the Library of the British Museum by Joseph Zedner (1867)
"shalom (JOSEPH), of MORAVIA. See JOSEPH shalom. shalom (JOSEPH ben ... shalom (ISAAC ben ASHER). See PACIFICO. shalom (MEIR ben JOSEPH). ..."
2. The Evolution of Modern Hebrew Literature, 1850-1912 by Abraham Solomon Waldstein (1916)
"CHAPTER VII shalom JACOB ABRAMOVITZ AND shalom RABINOVITZ BEFORE approaching the more modern phases of Hebrew literature, as influenced and dominated by the ..."
3. The Evolution of Modern Hebrew Literature, 1850-1912 by Abraham Solomon Waldstein (1916)
"These are: shalom Jacob Abramovitz and shalom Rabinovitz. When we left Abramovitz in the sixties of the bygone century, he had already done some useful work ..."
4. The Jews of Philadelphia: Their History from the Earliest Settlements to the by Henry S. Morais (1894)
"The earliest congregational movement among this class in our midst was that which led to the foundation of the " Rodeph shalom" (Follower of Peace) ..."