2. Verb. (obsolete) (past participle of shape) ¹
3. Adjective. (archaic) Shaped. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Shapen
1. shape [v] - See also: shape
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Shapen Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Shapen
Literary usage of Shapen
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Scale (or Ladder) of Perfection by Walter Hilton (1908)
"CHAPTER XIII How a Man shall be shapen to the Image of Jesus, and Jesus shapen in him Do as I have said, and better if thou canst, and I hope by the grace ..."
2. Early English Prose Romances: With Bibliographical and Historical Introductions by William John Thoms (1858)
"... as lay in his mis-shapen nose, and therewithall he began to touch and handle his nose, saying, that he felt it mightily asswaged. ..."
3. The Bible in Browning: With Particular Reference to The Ring and the Book by Minnie Gresham Machen (1903)
"OH Behold I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. — Ps. 51:5. (See also Rom. 5 : 12.) There is a psalm Don Celestine recites, ..."