2. Noun. The catching of shellfish. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Shellfishery
1. [n -RIES]
Lexicographical Neighbors of Shellfishery
Literary usage of Shellfishery
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Ruling Case Law as Developed and Established by the Decisions and by William Mark McKinney, Burdett Alberto Rich (1916)
"... to the grass or sedge growing along the shore.18 Though one cannot obtain an exclusive right to a shellfishery without permission of the state, ..."
2. ... A Report Upon the Mollusk Fisheries of Massachusetts by David Lawrence Belding (1909)
"So closely are these connected with the present status of our shellfishery that upon their abolition depends its future success or failure. ..."
3. American law reports annotated (1919)
"... consisting of exclusive rights of fishery, namely, of shellfishery, being the precise rights which were acquired by appellant in the instant case from ..."
4. The Budget Report of the State Board of Finance and Control to the General by Governor, Connecticut Board of Finance and Control, Connecticut, Board of Finance and Control (1906)
"64, for the protection of the shellfishery in Ipswich. It is a public right, unless restricted by acts of the Legislature or ..."