Definition of Shiitake mushroom
1. Noun. Edible east Asian mushroom having a golden or dark brown to blackish cap and an inedible stipe.
Generic synonyms: Fungus
Group relationships: Genus Lentinus, Lentinus
Shiitake Mushroom Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Shiitake Mushroom Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Shiitake Mushroom
Literary usage of Shiitake mushroom
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Income Opportunities in Special Forest Products: Self-Help Suggestions for by Margaret G. Thomas (1994)
"Cultivation of the shiitake mushroom. HortScience: 151-156. ... shiitake mushroom Marketing Guide, Forest Resource Center, Route 2, Box 156 A, Lanesboro, ..."
2. Sustainable Agriculture Directory of Expertiseby Cynthia Arnold, Betty Blomberg, Ellen Clough, Jim Lukens by Cynthia Arnold, Betty Blomberg, Ellen Clough, Jim Lukens (1997)
"My areas of expertise include shiitake mushroom production, marketing and ... We also have a videotape about shiitake mushroom production—a sustainable ..."
3. Biotechnology: Bioremediation: Bibliography, January 1992-May 1994 by Kim Guenther (1995)
"B56 Aerobic metabolism of pentachlorophenol by spent sawdust culture of "Shiitake" mushroom (Lentinus edodes) in soil. Okeke, BC; Smith, JE; Paterson, A.; ..."
4. Romantic Weekends the Carolinas & the Georgia Coast by Norman Renouf, Kathy Renouf (1999)
"Among the appetizers, shiitake mushroom Tart with Roast Red Pepper Coulis ($7.95) and Scallop Ravioli in Saffron Cream with Salmon Caviar ($6.95) are ..."
5. Conservation and Development of Nontimber Forest Products in the Pacific edited by Bettina Von Hagen, James F. Weigand, Rebecca McLain, Roger Fight (1998)
"shiitake mushroom production on small diameter oak logs in Ohio. ln: McCormick, Larry H.; Gottschalk, Kurt W., eds. Proceedings of the 8th central hardwood ..."
6. Source Book of Sustainable Agriculture for Educators, Producers and Other edited by Valerie Berton (1998)
"... 918-647-9123 This eight-page booklet provides basic information on small-scale shiitake mushroom production targeted at the new producer. ..."
7. The Artichoke Trail: A Guide to Vegetarian Restaurants, Organic Food Stores by James Frost (2000)
"Traditional vegetarian fare such as falafel, sandwiches and salads are served alongside more original dishes such as the shiitake mushroom and green bean ..."