Definition of Shipping agent
1. Noun. The agent of a shipowner.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Shipping Agent
Literary usage of Shipping agent
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Treatise Upon Some of the General Principles of the Law: Whether of a by William Wait (1877)
"Lien of shipping agent. A shipping agent having a lien on the bill of lading of goods which he has shipped, may, if the lien is not satisfied before they ..."
2. The American and English Encyclopedia of Law by John Houston Merrill, Charles Frederic Williams, Thomas Johnson Michie, David Shephard Garland (1895)
"It was shown that the money, at the time of the shipment, was not paid 03' the defendants to the shipping agent, but was charged to the defendants by him on ..."
3. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1903)
"At the time of shipment twenty dollars wiis paid on account of each of them, and with their consent, to the shipping agent through whom they were employed. ..."
4. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the District Courts of the United by United States District Court (New York), Robert Dewey Benedict, United States District Court (Vermont) (1875)
"The shipping articles are not the sole evidence of that contract, for effect must be given to an agreement by the shipping agent, made at the time when the ..."
5. Decisions of the Court of Session: From November 1825 to [20th July 1841] by John Tawse, F. Somerville, John Craigie, George Robinson, Scotland Court of Session, Charles Gordon Robertson, Scotland High Court of Justiciary, Great Britain Parliament. House of Lords, Faculty of Advocates (Scotland) (1839)
"That the objection was not obviated in the present case, by putting forward Robert Murray, shipping agent in Greenock, as agent for, and for behoof of the ..."
6. Regulations Prescribed for the Use of the Consular Service of the United States by United States Dept. of State (1881)
"The Consular Officer has no authority to interfere, nor to confer upon any shipping agent privileges which are not conceded toothers. ..."
7. Annual Report of the Isthmian Canal Commission by Isthmian Canal Commission (U.S.), United States President (1901-1909 : Roosevelt), Canal Zone Governor (1905)
"The recommendation of the purchasing and shipping agent for the transfer of Mr. JE Young from clerk, at $1200, in the office of the chief of staff of the ..."