¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Shirted
1. shirt [v] - See also: shirt
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Shirted Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Shirted
Literary usage of Shirted
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Dublin University Magazine: A Literary and Political Journal (1864)
"... we weary of the shirted spectre, Ah, happy thought ! just dye his wig bright yellow 1 We yawn for years at Hamlet, crazy fellow ..."
2. The Two Chiefs of Dunboy: Or an Irish Romance of the Last Century by James Anthony Froude (1889)
"Above all, he must do his utmost to prevent the landing of the arms which would turn the white- shirted companies into really formidable ..."
3. The Surgical diseases of the genito-urinary tract, venereal and sexual by George Frank Lydston (1900)
"shirted cannula. very useful on several occasions. Suprapubic section is safer than a prolonged search for the urethra. After the stricture has been divided ..."
4. The Republican Campaign Textbook by Republican National Committee (U.S.), Republican Congressional Committee (1882)
"Bed-shirted Bourbon Ruffians at Night prior to Election rode through Barn- well ... For several nights prior to the election the red- shirted Democracy rode ..."