Definition of Sigmund freud
1. Noun. Austrian neurologist who originated psychoanalysis (1856-1939).
Generic synonyms: Analyst, Psychoanalyst, Brain Doctor, Neurologist
Derivative terms: Freudian
Sigmund Freud Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sigmund Freud Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sigmund Freud
Literary usage of Sigmund freud
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Journal of Psychology by Edward Bradford ( Titchener, Granville Stanley Hall (1911)
"Referat über die gleichnamige Broschüre von KARL ABEL, 1884, von sigmund freud. ... zukünftigen Chancen der psychoanalytischen Therapie, von sigmund freud. ..."
2. The Technique of Psychoanalysis by Smith Ely Jelliffe (1918)
"sigmund freud. Price, $0.60. Technique of Psychoanalysis. By Dr. Smith Ely Jelliffe. Price, $2.00. Wit and its Relation to the Unconscious. By Prof. ..."
3. The Internal Secretions and the Nervous System by Maxime Laignel-Lavastine (1919)
"sigmund freud. Tr. by AA Brill. Price ^2.5o. mardo da Vinci. By PROF. ... sigmund freud. Price $2.oo. rders should -be ACCOMPANIED BY CHECK and sent to ..."
4. The Psychoanalytic Method by Oskar Pfister (1917)
"In the year 1893, sigmund freud * published, in collaboration with his colleague, Josef Breuer, an epoch-making article entitled "Concerning the Psychic ..."