Definition of Silver star
1. Noun. A United States military decoration for gallantry in action.
Generic synonyms: Decoration, Laurel Wreath, Medal, Medallion, Palm, Ribbon
Silver Star Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Silver Star Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Silver Star
Literary usage of Silver star
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1919)
"Six stripes of black mohair braid arranged as for a general of division, and one silver star. General of Division — Six stripes of black mohair braid ..."
2. The Encyclopedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and by Hugh Chisholm (1911)
"The white cross bears a five-pointed silver star on a blue medallion. The ribbon is black. The Order of Vasa (the " Green Ribbon "), founded by Gustavus ..."
3. The Reader's Handbook of Allusions, References, Plots and Stories: With Two by Ebenezer Cobham Brewer (1880)
"The lucky man is born with the prize in his mouth, and does not need to wait for it or to earn it. silver star of Live (The), the star which appeared to ..."
4. Mazama: A Record of Mountaineering in the Pacific Northwest by Or Mazamas (Portland, Mazamas (Portland, Or.) (1907)
"Trip to the silver star Mountain. BY ALFRED F. PARKER. ... A long time ago I had been told that the highest of these was called silver star Mountain, ..."