Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Simurg Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Simurg
Literary usage of Simurg
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. History of Prose Fiction by John Colin Dunlop (1906)
"3 " The bird simurg has its marvellous nest upon Mount ... I he child Sal is exposed upon this mountain ; the simurg hears his cry, pities him, ..."
2. A Dictionary of Science, Literature, & Art: Comprising the Definitions and by George William Cox (1867)
"A monstrous bird of Arabian mythology, of the same fabulous species with the simurg of the Persians. In the notes to vol. iii. of Mr. Lane's edition of the ..."
3. Fairy tales, their origin and meaning by John Thackray Bunce (1878)
"The simurg told him to fight for the Peris. Then the simurg gave him three feathers from her own breast, and also the magic shield of Jan-ibn-Jan, ..."
4. Hand-book of Literature and the Fine Arts: Comprising Complete and Accurate by George Ripley, Bayard Taylor (1852)
"ROC, the well-known monstrous bird of Arabian mythology, of tho same fabulous species with the simurg of the Persians. In the notes to vol. iii. of Mr. ..."
5. Arminius Vambéry: His Life and Adventures by Ármin Vámbéry (1884)
"He conducts himself modestly, lays before them artful riddles, and leads the listening troop on the path by which they may encounter simurg, the phoenix of ..."