Definition of Sioux city
1. Noun. A city in northeastern Iowa where the Big Sioux River joins the Missouri.
Sioux City Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sioux City Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sioux City
Literary usage of Sioux city
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Library Journal by American Library Association, Library Association (1922)
"The sioux city Library Hospital Service SOME QUESTIONS ANSWERED BY ROSE A. O'CONNOR ... THE hospital service of the sioux city Public Library, called by its ..."
2. The American Bar by James Clark Fifield (1918)
"Phi Delta Phi fraternity; sioux city, and Iowa State Bar Ass'ns; ... Firm is counsel for: sioux city Gas & Electric Co., American Express Co., Western Union ..."
3. The American Cyclopaedia: A Popular Dictionary of General Knowledge by Charles Anderson Dana (1876)
"The sioux city and St. Paul railroad passes through it. Capital, Calliope. I as in fishes; ... sioux city was laid out in 185-t and incorporated in 1857. ..."
4. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1907)
"164-167) designating the Iowa Falle & sioux city Railroad Company (grantor of the plaintiff in error) to construct and complete the uncompleted portion of ..."
5. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1907)
"164—167) designating the Iowa Falls & sioux city Railroad Company (grantor of the plaintiff in error) to construct and complete the uncompleted portion of ..."