Definition of Skin disease
1. Noun. A disease affecting the skin.
Generic synonyms: Disease
Specialized synonyms: Acantholysis, Acanthosis, Acanthosis Nigricans, Keratosis Nigricans, Acne, Dermatosis, Eczema, Erythroderma, Furunculosis, Impetigo, Jungle Rot, Keratoderma, Keratodermia, Keratonosis, Keratosis, Leukoderma, Lichen, Livedo, Lupus, Melanism, Melanosis, Molluscum, Necrobiosis Lipoidica, Necrobiosis Lipoidica Diabeticorum, Pemphigus, Prurigo, Psoriasis, Rhagades, Saint Anthony's Fire, Seborrhea, Vitiligo, Xanthoma, Xanthosis
Skin Disease Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Skin Disease Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Skin Disease
Literary usage of Skin disease
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Diet in Health and Disease by Julius Friedenwald, John Ruhräh (1907)
"One has to bear in mind in such cases that in a skin disease of long standing the treatment has involved the use of internal and external remedies, ..."
2. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1885)
"The différent varieties of syphilitic skin disease are due only to variations in the intensity of the disease, and are a result of one and the same process ..."
3. A Treatise on the Principles and Practice of Medicine: Designed for the Use by Austin Flint (1873)
"The proportion of cases in •which the bronzed-skin disease and disease of the capsules are associated, ai-e, however, sufficient in number to show that the ..."
4. Pathology and treatment of diseases of the skin: For Practitioners and Students by Moriz Kaposi (1895)
"Moreover, a special significance is associated with the causative factors, in that frequently a perfectly specific form of skin disease corresponds to a ..."
5. A Treatise on the principles and practice of medicine: Designed for the Use by Austin Flint (1868)
"Of the nature of the pathological connection existing between the bronzed- skin disease and disease of the supra-renal capsules, facts at present ..."
6. Special pathology and therapeutics of the diseases of domestic animals v. 2 by Ferenc Hutyra (1913)
"In two cases in old Scotch terriers the authors have had the opportunity of observing a peculiar skin disease leading to the formation of multiple abscesses ..."