Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Skyphos Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Skyphos
skyphos (current term)
Literary usage of Skyphos
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Red-figure Pottery by Sharon Herbert (1977)
"Instead, she divides the skyphos into a number of smaller classes by variations in both shape and decoration (Corinth XIII, pp. 105-108 and 123-128). ..."
2. Ceramicus Redivivus: The Early Iron Age Potters' Field in the Area of the by John K. Papadopoulos (2003)
"The resemblance between the Olympia fragment and the skyphos is further suggested by a number of shared similarities. For example, the posture of the ..."
3. Late Geometric and Protoattic Pottery, Mid 8th to Late 7th Century B.C. by Eva T. H. Brann (1962)
"A skyphos rim fragment of similar date, P 21701 (0 7:12) bears the complete ... This skyphos may be a little earlier than its group and than most of these ..."
4. Debris from a Public Dining Place in the Athenian Agora by Susan I. Rotroff, John Howard Oakley (1992)
"Attic skyphos: Type B PI. 43 PH 4.9. Handle and trace of rim. ... A Sicilian girl is also mentioned insultingly on another skyphos of perhaps slightly later ..."
5. A Sanctuary of Zeus on Mount Hymettos by Merle K. Langdon (1976)
"Fragment of a skyphos. PI. 18. H611. PH 0.06m.; est. diam. at rim 0.12 m. ... skyphos. PI. 18. H302. H. 0.068m.; diam. at rim 0.119m. Low disk foot. ..."
6. The Potters' Quarter: The Pottery by Agnes Newhall Stillwell, J. L. Benson (1984)
"Fragment of black-figured skyphos. H. 0.076. Legs of male figure r., ... Early 5th century BC Cf. the skyphos by the Theseus Painter, Hesperia 15, 1946, pl. ..."
7. Corinthian Hellenistic Pottery by G. Roger Edwards (1975)
"Six are Corinthian : miniature skyphos, small trefoil oinochoe, a small jug form, handle-ridge jug, covered, glaze-banded bowl, ..."
8. Corinth: The Centenary, 1896-1996 by Charles K. Williams, Nancy Bookidis (2003)
"56. Buchner *19S3, p. 266. Four of them are illustrated in FIGURE 8.15. Sherds of chevron skyphos C-70-6 lOa-b from Geometric terrace fill. ..."