Definition of Slap on
1. Verb. Apply carelessly. "Slap some paint onto the wall"
Slap On Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Slap On Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Slap On
Literary usage of Slap on
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bentley's Miscellany by Charles Dickens, William Harrison Ainsworth, Albert Smith (1844)
"Sir (slap), we are arrived — are arrived (thump) at a crisis, — (thump, and a laugh,) — I say, sir, a (slap on the box) crisis has arrived — (two thumps, ..."
2. A Complete Collection of State Trials and Proceedings for High Treason and ...by Thomas Bayly Howell, William Cobbett, David Jardine by Thomas Bayly Howell, William Cobbett, David Jardine (1816)
"... and took them from her ; —that Mary Squires gave her a slap on the face, and pushed her up stairs out of t he kitchen into a room called the hay loft, ..."
3. The Universal Etymological English Dictionary: Containing an Additional ...by Nathan Bailey by Nathan Bailey (1737)
"... a Blow or Box on the Ear with the Fift, a slap on thr Face. BUFFET Stool, a little portable Seat without Back or Arms. Lino/Info. ..."
4. The Flyers of the Hunt by John Mills (1859)
""You know you wouldn't do any such thing," resumed Robert Top, shaking his head, and repeating the slap on ..."
5. An Italian and English Dictionary with Pronunciation and Brief Etymologies by August Hjalmar Edgren, Giuseppe Bico, John Lawrence Gerig (1901)
"Bca-pa««f one [t-, capo], M. : cuff or slap on the head ... M. : slap on the bead (cuff, rap). Boa-pif/Uare [i-, capello], TR. ..."