¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Slitless
1. having no slits [adj]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Slitless Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Slitless
Literary usage of Slitless
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Sun by Charles Augustus Young (1895)
"Evidence of the slitless Spectroscope as to the Constitution of the Corona.—Changes and Motions in the Corona.—Its Form and Constitution, and Theories as to ..."
2. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society by Royal Astronomical Society (1898)
"I obtained thirteen photographs in all : one only with the slit spectrograph, which was exposed during the whole time of totality ; two with the slitless ..."
3. Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific by Astronomical Society of the Pacific (1901)
"Even in the favorable nebula GC 4390, CAMPBELL'S results stop at Ht,, whereas the slitless spectrograph record extends to about K 337. ..."
4. A Text-book of General Astronomy for Colleges and Scientific Schools by Charles Augustus Young (1888)
"Peculiar Advantages of the slitless Spectroscope.—The slitless spectroscope has three great advantages. First, that it utilizes all the light that comes ..."
5. A Text-book of General Astronomy: For Colleges and Scientific Schools by Charles Augustus Young (1888)
"The slitless spectroscope has three great advantages. ... Disadvantages of the slitless Spectroscope. — Per contra, the giving up of the slit precludes all ..."
6. Manual of Astronomy: A Text-book by Charles Augustus Young (1902)
"Arrangement of the Prisms ill the slitless Spectroscope with great success into the ... The slitless or Objective-Prism Spectroscope—Professor Pickering has ..."