Definition of Socialist economy
1. Noun. An economic system based on state ownership of capital.
Specialized synonyms: Communism, International, National Socialism, Naziism, Nazism
Generic synonyms: Managed Economy
Derivative terms: Socialist, Socialistic
Lexicographical Neighbors of Socialist Economy
Literary usage of Socialist economy
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Mental Culture in Burmese Crisis Politics: Aung San Suu Kyi and the National by Gustaaf Houtman (1999)
"This peculiar use of an army, in the absence of external enemies, to 'defend our socialist economy' suggests that the centralisation of the economy in the ..."
2. The Economic Synthesis: A Study of the Laws of Income by Achille Loria, Eden Paul (1914)
"220-1) between the harmonic social forms (economy of the isolated labourer producing for direct consumption or for exchange, and the socialist economy) and ..."
3. Epistemological Problems of Economics by Ludwig von Mises (2003)
"The impossibility of economic calculation makes a socialist economy based on ... A completely socialist economy can exist only in thought, not in reality. ..."
4. The Cold War in Asia by Cold War International History Project (1996)
"Without a high level of centralism, we cannot establish a socialist economy. What will happen then to our country if we cannot create a socialist economy? ..."
5. China and Japan: New Economic Diplomacy by Chae-Jin Lee (1984)
"... [Theoretical questions of socialist economy] (Beijing: Renmin chuban- she, 1979); ... questions of socialist economy] (Beijing: Renmin chubanshe, 1979). ..."