Definition of Soft-solder
1. Verb. Repair with soft-solder.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Soft-solder Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Soft-solder
Literary usage of Soft-solder
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1920)
"Tin and lead in equal parts make a good soft solder. Of easier fusion is that consisting of bismuth, tin and lead in equal parts. ..."
2. A French-English Dictionary for Chemists by Austin McDowell Patterson (1921)
"fondante, soft solder. — forte, hard solder; hard soldering. ... tendre, soft solder; soft soldering. souffert, pp of souffrir. soufflage, m. blowing, etc. ..."
3. International Library of Technology: A Series of Textbooks for Persons by International Textbook Company (1902)
"SOFT SOLDER OR PEWTER. Sn + Pb 56. Determination of Tin.—Weigh out about .5 gram of the finely divided sample, and cautiously add sufficient nitric acid of ..."
4. A Glossary of the Mining and Mineral Industry by Albert Hill Fay (1920)
"(Power) Soft solder. Solder melting below a red heat ; used in tinning, ... Soft solder Is a compound of tin and lead; hard solder, of copper and zinc, ..."