Definition of Solid geometry
1. Noun. The geometry of 3-dimensional space.
Solid Geometry Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Solid Geometry Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Solid Geometry
Literary usage of Solid geometry
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Catalogue of Scientific Papers, 1800-1900: Subject Indexby Royal Society (Great Britain), Herbert McLeod by Royal Society (Great Britain), Herbert McLeod (1908)
"Practical solid geometry and projective geometry. Fiedler, W. Wien Sb. 55 (1867) (ЛЬ. 2) 659-. Problem, note. ..."
2. Plane and Solid Analytic Geometry: An Elementary Textbook by Charles Hamilton Ashton (1902)
"In the following chapters on Analytic Geometry of Space, a knowledge of the methods and results of solid geometry and of Plane Analytic Geometry is presumed ..."
3. The Teaching of Mathematics in the Elementary and the Secondary School by Jacob William Albert Young (1906)
"In solid geometry the need for models is much greater than in plane geometry, ... In solid geometry, relations must be imagined which are more complex than ..."
4. Analytic Geometry by Wallace Alvin Wilson, Joshua Irving Tracey (1915)
"The Locus in solid geometry. — The locus of a point in space satisfying a given set of conditions is in general a surface or group of surfaces. ..."
5. The Advanced Part of A Treatise on the Dynamics of a System of Rigid Bodies by Edward John Routh (1905)
"will be found in Salmon's solid geometry. Many other properties of sphero-conics will also be found in Frost's solid geometry. EXAMPLES*. 1. ..."
6. A Treatise on the Higher Plane Curves: Intended as a Sequel to A Treatise on by George Salmon (1879)
"We make no use here of any principles of solid geometry, but merely borrow the notation which Hesse's method suggests.* 260. Take then eight symbols 1, 2, ..."
7. The American Catalogue ... July 1, 1876-Dec. 31, 1910 by Lynds Eugene Jones, Richard Rogers Bowker, Augusta Isabella Appleton (1905)
"Practical plane and solid geometry. *8o c. net. Longmans. Nelson. ... Plane and solid geometry. $1.25. Atkinson, M. & (I Smith, C:, and Bryant, S., eds. ..."