¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Sooey
1. used in calling pigs [interj]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sooey Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sooey
sooey (current term)
Literary usage of Sooey
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Recollections of Thomas D. Duncan: A Confederate Soldier by Thomas D. Duncan (1922)
""sooey" SMITH HE first to try for the Sherman reward „, was Gen. "sooey" Smith, a West Pointer and a brave soldier. After the return from our raid of 1864, ..."
2. The Best Short Stories of ... and the Yearbook of the American Short Story edited by Edward Joseph Harrington O'Brien (1918)
"**Here Froggy, Froggy. Scr. Oct. *King of Two-By-Four, The. Col. Nov. 3. *Mushroom Midas, A. Scr. Sept. On the Altar of Hunger. Scr. Aug. *sooey Pig! Col. ..."
3. Dissertations by Mr. Dooley by Finley Peter Dunne (1906)
"... in th' shape iv chop-sooey. Altogether, th' condition iv' Port Arthur is worse thin ye'er readers cud imagine, an' almost as bad as they cud hope. ..."
4. The Story of the Santa Fe by Glenn Danford Bradley (1920)
"... the Rio Grande had selected George E. Gray of California ; the Santa Fe had chosen sooey Smith of Chicago ; while Judge Hallett's choice was AN Rogers ..."