Definition of South bend
1. Noun. A city in northern Indiana.
South Bend Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: South Bend Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of South Bend
Literary usage of South bend
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Indiana Magazine of History by Indiana Historical Society, Indiana State Library (1909)
"Story of slave-owner who tried to recover fugitive slaves in south bend. ... 15, ci south bend. Recollections of south bend of fifty years ago. ..."
2. Municipal and Institutional Libraries of Indiana: History, Conditon and by William Elmer Henry, Indiana Louisiana purchase exposition commission (1904)
"south bend. PUBLIC LIBRARY. The Public Library, of south bend, Ind., was established in 1888, by a resolution of the board of education under an act of the ..."
3. The Auk: Quarterly Journal of Ornithology by American Ornithologists' Union, Nuttall Ornithological Club (1892)
"Common on the Willapa, at south bend, in February. One seen March 16, ... A small Diver noted at south bend in February anil later, \v;is probably ..."
4. The American Cyclopaedia: A Popular Dictionary of General Knowledge by Charles Anderson Dana (1876)
"Three daily and four weekly (one German) newspapers and a monthly periodical are published. There are 11 churches. south bend was laid out in 1831. ..."