Definition of Spaghetti sauce
1. Noun. Any of numerous sauces for spaghetti or other kinds of pasta.
Generic synonyms: Sauce
Specialized synonyms: Bolognese Pasta Sauce, Carbonara, Tomato Sauce, Marinara
Spaghetti Sauce Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Spaghetti Sauce Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Spaghetti Sauce
Literary usage of Spaghetti sauce
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Eat Your Food! Gastronomical Glory from Garden to Gut: A Coastalfields by Aaron Brachfeld, Aaron Brachfeld and Mary Choate, Mary Choate (2007)
"... but spaghetti sauce was quicker. Life was cheap...so were vegetables. Although this is a very easy sauce to make, the cooking time can vary depending on ..."
2. Gloucester Fishermen's Wives Cookbook by Susan Pollack (2005)
"... to taste 1 26-oz. jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce In a bowl, wisk together flour and egg. Add a little milk at a time until all the milk is used. ..."
3. Food Safety and Quality: Uniform, Risk-Based Inspection System Needed to by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"... Corn dog Dehydrated chicken soup Beef broth spaghetti sauce with meat stock Plant inspected about once every 3-5 years by FDA Traditional sandwiches Hot ..."
4. Data Administration: Standards & Techniques (2nd Symposium, 1989) edited by Judith J. Newton, Frankie E. Spielman (1992)
"All of you have seen the Ragù spaghetti sauce commercial - I think it's Ragù: the guy comes to smell the spaghetti sauce and it is out of a jar and says ..."
5. The Federal Food Safety Inspection System: Dangerous to Your Health? (1992)
"... Plant Inspected dally by FSIS Open-face sandwiches Hot dog in a pastry dough Corn dog Dehydrated chicken soup Beef broth spaghetti sauce with meat stock ..."
6. Gently with the Tides: The Best of Living Aboard by Michael L. Frankel (1990)
"... lentils, and TVP (textured vegetable protein) which keep for long periods. TVP is not only a substitute for ground beef in spaghetti sauce (particularly ..."
7. The Stag Cook Book: Written for Men by Men by Carroll Mac Sheridan (1922)
"This is the way our spaghetti sauce was prepared. Buy about three or four pounds of solid meat from the round, cut thick. Ask for the "eye of the beef. ..."