Definition of Speirs
1. speir [v] - See also: speir
Lexicographical Neighbors of Speirs
speirs (current term)
Literary usage of Speirs
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Trials for High Treason, in Scotland: Under a Special Commission, Held at by Scotland Courts of Oyer and Terminer and General Gaol Delivery, Charles John Green (1825)
"And James speirs said, " By the public at large." Then the witness says, " I took this to be the authority of the public. I saw James Walker in the crowd ..."
2. The Scottish Jurist: Containing Reports of Cases Decided in the House of by Great Britain Parliament. House of Lords, House of Lords, Parliament, Great Britain (1858)
"By the feu-contract of 23d February 1793, Mr speirs conveyed the farm of Crosslee to James and John M'll- wham, Alexander Speir, and Robert Barr, ..."
3. Journal by United States Congress Senate (1899)
"Mr. CW speirs : Would it not be possible, ... Mr. speirs: Chemically or electrically, in a silver bath. Instead of using a heavy glass matrix, ..."
4. Historic Homes and Places and Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to by William Richard Cutter (1908)
"Jennie Cherry speirs, born January 24, 1851; married June 15. ... 1882, Nellie Edda White, of Worcester, and had Allan White speirs. born July n, 1884; ..."
5. Dictionary of National Biography by LESLIE. STEPHEN (1895)
"... prefixed to third (1855) and later editions of the Appeal; White's Swedenborg, 1867, i- 230, ii.613 sq. ¡information from James speirs, csq. ..."
6. Circuit Journeys by Henry Cockburn Cockburn (1888)
"Nairn, bleak and exposed, and seemingly dead, but speirs says full of internal bitterness, being fiercely divided into ..."
7. Glasgow, Past and Present: Illustrated in Dean of Guild Court Reports, and by James Pagan, Robert Reid, Aliquis, J. B. (1851)
"He thereupon stated that the Misses speirs, of Polmont Park, had, through their nephew, Captain speirs of Culcreuch, intimated to him that their mother, ..."
8. The Johns Hopkins University Studies in Historical and Political Science by Johns Hopkins University (1897)
"Freeman FIFTEENTH SERIES III-IV-V THE STREET RAILWAY SYSTEM OF PHILADELPHIA ITS HISTORY AND PRESENT CONDITION BY FREDERIC W. speirs, Ph. D. Professor of . ..."