Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Spiculation Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Spiculation
Literary usage of Spiculation
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Field and limitation of the operative surgery of the human brain by John Bingham Roberts (1885)
"the external table, renders spiculation of the inner table probable, provided that less danger to life and health is inherent in perforation than in the ..."
2. A Natural History of the British Lepidoptera: A Text-book for Students and by James William Tutt (1904)
"The spiculation of the caudal horn on the Sphinginae in the ist instar may, of course, be the remains of a previous general spiculation in that stage (in ..."
3. The Zoological Record ...: Being Records of Zoological Literature by Zoological Record Association (London, England), Zoological Society of London (1882)
"The spiculation consists of a smooth skeleton ... Halichondria infrequent, Carter, (2) p. 369, pi. xviii. fig. 9, Gulf of Manaar. Has the spiculation of a ..."
4. The Zoological Record ...: Being Records of Zoological Literature by Zoological Society of London (1901)
"Skeletal structure and spiculation in possessed primitively only asters, certain of which ... and mon- tendency to reduction of spiculation in this species; ..."
5. Proceedings by Zoological Society of London (1905)
"Were this to occur we should have a variety of the sponge characterised by a type of spiculation which would lead to its being placed, in many current ..."
6. Proceedings and Transactions of the Royal Society of Canada: Déliberations by Royal Society of Canada (1890)
"... spiculation bear a degree of resemblance to those of H. ... spiculation has very judiciously been taken as an artificial criterion for generic ..."