Definition of Spider mite
1. Noun. Web-spinning mite that attacks garden plants and fruit trees.
Generic synonyms: Mite
Group relationships: Family Tetranychidae, Tetranychidae
Specialized synonyms: Panonychus Ulmi, Red Spider, Red Spider Mite
Spider Mite Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Spider Mite Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Spider Mite
Literary usage of Spider mite
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Vegetable Forcing by Ralph Levi Watts (1917)
"Ewing has made a very thorough study of the spider mite, and we are indebted ... Those who are . especially interested in the spider mite should read Buj-1 ..."
2. Vegetable Forcing by Ralph Levi Watts (1917)
"Ewing has made a very thorough study of the spider mite, and we are indebted ... Those who are especially interested in the spider mite should read Bulletin ..."
3. 50 Ways Farmers Can Protect Their Groundwater by Michael C. Hirschi, F. William Simmons, Doug Peterson, Ed Giles (1998)
"Twospotted spider mite spider mites complete a generation in only one to three weeks, ... This short life cycle allows spider mite populations to build ..."
4. Management Guide for Low-Input Sustainable Apple Production by Lorraine P. Berkett (1994)
"Damage: Damage is similar to that caused by ERM. Figure 61: European red mite adults Figure 62: Twospotted spider mite adult ..."
5. Biological Control of Insects and Mites: An Introduction to Beneficial by Daniel L. Mahr, Nino M. Ridgway (1993)
"For example, most spider mite species, such as twospotted spider mite, mature and reproduce fastest under warm, dry conditions. Drought conditions result in ..."