2. Verb. (third-person singular of sponsor) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Sponsors
1. sponsor [v] - See also: sponsor
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sponsors
Literary usage of Sponsors
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann, Edward Aloysius Pace, Condé Bénoist Pallen, Thomas Joseph Shahan, John Joseph Wynne (1913)
"The sponsors during the ablution either hold the child or at least touch it. ... The infant is brought to the door of the church by the sponsors, ..."
2. Christian Archaeology by Charles Wesley Bennett (1888)
"Hence, when parents were permitted to be sponsors for their children it was not because of this natural relationship, but rather that they might afford ..."
3. The Genesis of the United States: A Narrative of the Movement in England by Alexander Brown (1890)
"Helena, born December 15, 1587 ; sponsors, the Lady Helena, Marques of Northampton 2e, the Lady Sidney **, and the Earl of ..."