Definition of Springings
1. springing [n] - See also: springing
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Springings Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Springings
Literary usage of Springings
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Lockwood's Dictionary of Terms Used in the Practice of Mechanical by Joseph Gregory Horner (1892)
"springings.—That part of an arch -where the intrados (qv) meets Iho abutments (qv). Spring Fiston.—An engine piston fitted with some form of spring ring, ..."
2. Graphical Determination of Forces in Engineering Structures by James B. Chalmers (1881)
"Total Reaction U at One of the springings arising from a Force P. First method of constructing. — The reaction U which we have obtained is ..."
3. Graphical Determination of Forces in Engineering Structures by James B. Chalmers (1881)
"... U at One of the springings arising from a Force P First mcthod of constructing. — The reaction U which we have obtained is that part of the whole which ..."
4. Civil Engineering as Applied in Construction by Leveson Francis Vernon-Harcourt (1902)
"—A metal arch necessarily rises or falls slightly with an increase or decrease of temperature ; and when the arch is fixed at its springings, of which the ..."