Definition of Sprocket wheel
1. Noun. Thin wheel with teeth that engage with a chain.
Medical Definition of Sprocket wheel
Sprocket Wheel Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sprocket Wheel Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sprocket Wheel
sprocket wheel (current term)
Literary usage of Sprocket wheel
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1906)
"tut, eo as to bold the sprocket wheel also fast through the medium of the chain, the bicycle, continuing its motion, unscrewed the sprocket wheel from the ..."
2. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: “a” Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature edited by Hugh Chisholm (1911)
"The sprocket wheel is connected by a chain with a similar sprocket wheel which is keyed on the same shaft as that of the left-hand pulley. ..."
3. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1920)
"SPROCKET, one of the projections ("teeth") on a sprocket-wheel which engages the chain, also the name applied generally to any wheel upon which are radial ..."
4. American Sewerage Practice by Leonard. Metcalf, Harrison Prescott Eddy (1914)
"The float is connected by a chain with a sprocket wheel at the recorder. The motion of the float is thus transmitted, on a reduced scale, to a pen moving in ..."