Definition of Squawk box
1. Noun. The loudspeaker on an intercom or public address system.
Group relationships: Intercom, Intercommunication System
Generic synonyms: Loudspeaker, Loudspeaker System, Speaker, Speaker System, Speaker Unit
Squawk Box Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Squawk Box Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Squawk Box
Literary usage of Squawk box
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of English Usage by Inc. Merriam-Webster (1994)
"... where affirmative and negative replace yes and no in radio communications as less likely to be garbled by static: -. . the squawk box rasped, ..."
2. Thoughts of a Philosophical Fighter Pilot by James B. Stockdale (1995)
"... some not—were frequently piped into our cells via the prison squawk box system, as leader of the underground I made it my business to develop an ear to ..."
3. Talk Show Yearbook: A Guide to the Nation's Most Influential Television by Robert Savidge (2000)
"Matthew Quay le Market: National Producer CNBC squawk box CNBC Format: Talk/News 2200 Fletcher Ave., Sixth Floor Affiliation: CNBC Fort Lee, NJ 07024-5016 ..."
4. Power Media Bluebook W/ Talk Show Guest Directory by Mitchell Davis (2005)
"585-2622 http://www.cnbc.coiii Coverage Area: National Nick Dunn — Associate Producer squawk box CNBC 2000 Fletcher Ave. Fort Lee, NJ 07024 Phone: 201 585 ..."