Definition of St. christopher
1. Noun. Christian martyr and patron saint of travellers (3rd century).
2. Noun. The largest of the islands comprising Saint Christopher-Nevis.
Group relationships: Federation Of Saint Kitts And Nevis, Saint Christopher-nevis, Saint Kitts And Nevis, St. Christopher-nevis, St. Kitts And Nevis
Generic synonyms: Island
St. Christopher Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: St. Christopher Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of St. Christopher
Literary usage of St. christopher
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Antiquary by Edward Walford, John Charles Cox, George Latimer Apperson (1883)
"With all of these subjects st. christopher is constantly found associated on the walls of churches, and especially with that of "St. George and the Dragon. ..."
2. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann, Edward Aloysius Pace, Condé Bénoist Pallen, Thomas Joseph Shahan, John Joseph Wynne (1913)
"Originally, st. christopher was only a martyr, and as such is recorded in ... The existence of a martyr st. christopher cannot be denied, ..."
3. The History of Printing in America: With a Biography of Printers, and an by Isaiah Thomas, Benjamin Franklin Thomas (1874)
"Howe printed the laws, and did other work for government; and, in 1747, published The st. christopher Gazette. This paper was continued until after the year ..."
4. The Lawyer's Reference Manual of Law Books and Citations by Charles Carroll Soule (1882)
"st. christopher (ST. KITT'S). Latest Revision of Laws. ... THE STATUTES OP ST. CHRISTOPHER & ANGUILLA . 1 st. christopher T ..."
5. Guide to the Materials for American History, to 1783 by Charles McLean Andrews (1912)
"st. christopher £491; to Nevis planters who proved resettlement £354; id. ... st. christopher. Index. An index to the debentures of the sufferers who ..."